Town & City Management Ltd are leading specialists in residential apartment block management, today managing a portfolio of 310 developments across the country. We are committed to providing the highest level of service, professionalism and expertise to all our clients in the residential leasehold management sector.
We were founded in 2002 by our Managing Director, Peter Bigge, who had previously managed a portfolio of 2,800 houses and apartments throughout the North of England, and was responsible for three regional offices based in Manchester, Sheffield and Bedale (North Yorkshire). Specialising in Residential Leasehold Management and collecting service charges and ground rents, we soon extended our portfolio to include some of the most prestigious apartment blocks in the region, including the Quayside area in Newcastle and Darlington's affluent West End.
The company became incorporated as Town & City Management Ltd in 2009, and since then, has carefully expanded geographically to include new areas of operation in Leeds, London and Bournemouth. We strive to ensure that all our developments are well-managed, providing excellent service for all.
Our Philosophy and Values
We believe our clients deserve a personal and highly professional service tailored to their individual requirements.
Through this approach, we have become respected providers of Residential Leasehold Management services, thriving within a highly competitive market.
Our dedicated team is available to assist with all enquiries in a polite and professional manner. Town & City Management Ltd aims to treat everyone politely, fairly and with respect. We ensure that all leaseholders receive consistent high standards of customer service whenever they have contact with us, and we treat all our leaseholders fairly and respectfully.
- We take responsibility for quality
- We deliver customer satisfaction
- We provide leadership as a company and as individuals
- We act with integrity in all we do
- We regard our clients as essential team members
The Consumer Charter:
The Consumer Charter covers the work of residential managing agents and requires the highest standards of client and customer service at all times. We are proud to subscribe to the following Consumer Charter:
- Be honest, fair, open and transparent and provide a timely and professional service with access to the information needed
- Act with skill, care, diligence and without discrimination
- Make sure that all our staff are appropriately trained and knowledgeable
- Have written terms of business
- Provide our Complaints Handling Procedure and specify the Ombudsman Scheme to which we subscribe
- Comply with all relevant legal requirements and relevant codes of practice
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Maintain clear, accurate and up-to-date financial records
- Ensure that any client money held is held separately from the managing agent's other monies
- Hold appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Accredied by ARMA-Q
ARMA-Q is the Association of Residential Managing Agents’ mark of quality. This guarantees total security over accounts, accurate and complete documentation, regulatory compliance, and the availability of an Ombudsman in case of an issue.
Accredited by the LKP
The Leasehold Knowledge Partnership (LKP) accredits property managing agents who sign up to open accounting and straight dealing. To be accredited, LKP managing agents must sign up to a 35-point accreditation process, and residents in the blocks they manage are selected at random to provide references.
Accredited by ISO 14001
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements. Our Environmental Policy serves as a public commitment to sustainable business practices in line with the requirements of ISO14001.
Highly Commended for Customer Service
Town & City Management Ltd have received a Highly Commended Award for Customer Service from News On The Block's Property Management Awards 2017-8. They were also awarded as Finalists in three additional categories: Regional Property Manager of the Year, London Property Manager of the Year and Regional Property Management Company of the Year.